This is the companion blog for the Math4Biosciences courses at: http://mathsbiosciences.usefedora.com
The courses at http://mathsbiosciences.usefedora.com cover some of the types of 'science maths' that students might encounter on chemistry and biology courses at high school, college or university. Specifically the courses cover:
- Introduction to Maths4Biosciences - which just sets out how the courses are organised.
- Maths and Chemistry Refresher - which is a a quick maths and chemistry refresher course.
- Moles and Molarity - which covers moles and molarity type calculations.
- Calculating Percentage Solutions - which as the name suggests cover percentage (w/v, v/v and w/w) solution calculations.
- Dilutions - which looks at different methods to carry out dilution calculations, and how to set up serial dilutions.
- Spectrophotometry - which is a beginners guide to laboratory spectrophotometry and the Beer-Lambert Law.